Friday, October 12, 2007

Even food don't taste that good, drink ain't doing what it should

Last night my baby left to go on Holiday with her Friend to Tenerife.

Apart from Guide Camps (She wouldn't go on Brownie Camps), this is the first time she has been away from us for this length of time. I'm wondering if this is the real reason I have been feeling bad. I have been worrying about my baby going away.

I took yesterday off so that I could get her all packed and sorted, and as the hour drew closer to her departure, she became increasingly quiet and withdrawn. I had her sit beside me and I teased her a while, and then brushed her hair into two plaits. As I finished and gave her a hug, her wee face crumpled, and the tears started to flow. She was going to miss us so much, was all I could get out of her.

The fact that her brother gave her a hug unthreatened before he left for Volleyball told me, that despite his teasing and celebratory dances, he too was going to miss her presence around the house. Dad sat there, quiet saying nothing. I knew he too, was seconds away from breaking. His baby, going away without him. O M G No one tells you being a parent is this hard.

The gang arrived for her bang on 8, and she said nothing as she got up with her bag. We met them at the door and passed over all the necessary papers, and passports. We laughed about Lori being so hyper, and Eilidh just smiled.

One last big hug from both of us, and off she went.

Only then, did I let a wee tear go.

1 comment:

  1. Awww she will be back as quick as a blink. Meantime I will keep you company when you buy me lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete