Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Sporadic

 I come and go. 


I like putting my thoughts down every so often, but I do that everyday somewhere else. 


This place, I don't know..Its like a diary I have in a drawer, I dip into it every so often and think of something non-prolific to write. 


It's been over a year since I have been here.... maybe two (not counting Sunday Stealing).   In that period, the world has changed.. How weird is that?  It's like a statement you hear in a film.  "After the winter, the plague came". 


Wasn't exactly the plague.  Was a virus.  Which made us change the way we work, and live. 


Could have been worse I suppose.... We could have all turned into Zombies. How bloody horrific would that have been.  Isolation in your house, broken by a zombie run to the Supermarket to steal things off the shelves.   We ( my other half and I) walked into a play zombie run once in the city centre.   Heavens, but I was scared.   These Zombies RAN.    You know in World War Z at the start when it all just kicks off.  - That was where we were. In George Square in Glasgow (Yah, it wasn't Philidelphia)  and these people ran past us screaming up a lane (alleyway) and then - this blood-covered human, grunting and groaning ran past us too chasing after them.


I squealed.  And then we looked closer.  More zombies were running around the square - groups of people in two and three's were wearing bands around them - and it was then we realised it was a massive game taking place up and down the city centre streets.   


Even still - it was quite scary to watch.  I would have pee'd myself if I was playing. I'm not a fast runner and I live in horror of being caught first and the excitement of playing would just finish me off. 


Anyways.  March 2020 - we were all told to work from home.  We were all told to stay indoors if at all possible.  We could leave for one period of exercise a day, and stay away from other people.  One person should shop for the family. 

We took bets at work - back in the office by June, July August. 

August turned into September, and October and November.  The virus died down and then came back with a vengeance. 

We were locked down again. 

December, January, and February came and went.  March arrived and we were allowed to visit in Gardens.  Some shops opened.   April came and more restrictions were loosened. 


But we're still working at home.   No one seems to have the urge to go back into the work place. 


Those who must do.  Those who can avoid it. Do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment