Friday, April 23, 2010

The Friday 5


In honor of William Shakespeare’s birthday, here are this week’s questions!


In A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Lysander says,
“Ay me! for aught that I could ever read,
Could ever hear by tale or history,
The course of true love never did run smooth…” How has this proven (or not proven) to be the case in your life?
 My true love, runs truer than any river.  I met him, I loved him. I still love him, I will always love him.
In Hamlet, the title character says, “Frailty, thy name is woman!” Who in your life has proven this not to be true? And if you’re willing to share, who in your life has proven this to be completely true?
I am frail. I just proved it to myself, by breaking under a bit of pressure at home and work, and had to lock myself in the loo. Pathetic.   On the other hand, sometimes, in fact, the majority of times, I amn't frail at all. I'm the strongest person I know. 
In The Merry Wives of Windsor, Pistol says,
“Why then the world’s mine oyster,
Which I with sword will open.” Ignoring the possible sexual meaning here, how do you feel about oysters?
Disgusted. They are snot in a shell
In The Merchant of Venice, Lorenzo says,
“The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov’d with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.” Do you agree, and have you known anyone who seemed to be completely unmoved by any kind of music?
No one. Everyone, even my husband who insist he is tone deaf, and sings flat, enjoys a bit of music, and has been know to be heard to sing. 
Is Shakespeare overrated, or is he truly the western world’s greatest writer?
No he isn't over rated, but if he had written in modern English, more people would have appriecated him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment