Saturday, March 27, 2010

Something in the way she mooooooos

Yes, Moo's.

I think that is a far more profound lyric, than moves...

I am a bit at tens and sevens.  I am going out today, on my own, to meet with people I have spoken with only on the interweb .  My daughter is concerned that I haven't researched them properly and  that I may be going out to meet with a sixty year old paedophile.   If that is the case, he is going to be sorely disappointed.

I know that they are all lovely people, I have seen photos from previous meets they have had. I always say I will go, and then find something else to distract me at the last moment.  I have a fear of people and open spaces.  

I am my own worst enemy and the interweb, is my greatest friend.  It allows me to be open, frank and friendly with total strangers and completely remove myself from personal interaction.   I have always been like this, and people who do meet me, think I am outgoing and the life and soul of the party, but it kills me. It seriously kills me.  

Once a person, told a rare friend that she thought I avoided work nights out because I was scared I would get paralytic drunk and embarass myself.  Maybe it was true, but it is not something I have done frequently, and certainly not with her.   it was only because I seen her doing the same thing repeatedly at nights out, and I often wondered to myself if perhaps everyone felt the same way about mixing in public, and her display of indecency was her way of dealing with it. 

Suffice to say, I am taking the plunge today.  These are good people who are gathering altogether to say hello.  I'm sure it matters not a jot to them whether I turn up or not, but I want to.  I want to be able to do this, go in and say hello and enjoy myself.

I shall report back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment