Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Stealing The 17 Meme.


The 17 Meme

1. Do you know triplets?     I do not believe so. I'm rather glad, because my daughter has friends  who are two sets of twins. I Never get their names right.  One set have different coloured hair, and I still get it wrong.




2. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?   That is a difficult one.   I think I would have to say Notebook, because the love there is greater than the love of Rose and Jack...  Did you see how much space she had on that plank of wood?  There was more than enough room for both of them.   She was laying flat out. He could have lain on top of her. Body warmth and everything. She was flat out selfish.  In the Notebook... their love overcomes everything. They even share a single bed.


3. Have you ever eaten Indian food?    Yes, frequently.   in UK Indian restaurants are everywhere.  Not "real" indian though. I haven't been in India.  Beloved has.  He was in the Navy and warned not to eat ashore.  So the whole catering department promptly left the ship and ate in the first restaurant they came to.  They had a feast fit for kings, which cost about 2.50 for the 10 of them.   The tip they left, made the Kitchen staff come out to shake their hands and thank them - I think they left more money than they (the kitchen staff) earned in a year. 



4. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant?    The Secret Garden at the Witchery in Edinburgh.  Only visited the once, but that once was enough to make me love it for ever and ever and ever. 



5. Who’s your favorite person in the world?   My favourite person in the whole world.  Hmmm, that is a difficult one.   I have three most definite favourites who I couldn't split with a fine tooth comb.  Beloved, and Tooli and Boy.    Tooli and Boy I would die for.  Beloved, would die for me, I would die for him too.  I adore these three people with all my heart.



6. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?    Rurally, near the suburbs.    We actually live in an idea place.   400 metres in one direction we have the sea - 400 metres in the other directions, fields, forests, trees, and sky.   We have a little town centre, with all the necessaries - Supermarket, chemist, gift shops, coffee shops a plenty,touristy shops, and pubs.  There are a range of larger supermarkets with in a 10 mile radius, so prices aren't really much higher. We have the sea on our doorstep (I can hear the waves right now), and we have open ground behind us - Hawks, buzzards, owls, sheep, foxes, deer, rabbits... I'd go so far as to say Idylic. 



7. Can you whistle?   With enthusiasm if not tune. 


8. Do you sleep with a nightlight?   No - Sometimes I even wear an eyemask 


9. Do you eat breakfast every morning?   No I don't. I'm one of these idiots who think, if Idon't eat breakfast, then I'll go longer without food and loose weight. Then I have a snack at lunchtime, and go ballistic.  On Friday I had breakfast, and then a light lunch and then a light dinner. Breakfast is obviously the way to go.



10. Do you take any pills or medication daily?   Oh where to start.  Actually I have cut down a lot recently.  I have a purple and blue inhaler. (I don't always take them, typically only when I wheeze).  Happy Pills - daily.  I have a chemical imbalance in my head... the happy pills are a necessary to keep me balanced, and to stop me killing people :-)   Cocodamol for migraines (Not daily), Ibufren for Arthritis - however, I have stopped the painkiller because I have started taking COD LIVER OIL! And it works!



11. How many times have you been to the hospital as a patient? Tonsilectomy.  Pregnancy.  Pregnancy.  Laparoscopic surgery.  Hysterectomy.   Lovely.  They give you a lot of drugs to make you sleep.  I like medically induced sleep.



12. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?   Yes, I have.  I do like it!.


13. Where do you buy your jeans?   I have an arse the size of a bus. Jeans do not do me favours. 


14. What’s the last compliment you got?  hmm. last compliment. Sheez. I can't remember. See, I get complimented all the time - typically because I trained my kids and my husband to compliment me when I have a "face" on.   I think probably when I got my hair coloured.  Yes, In fact when Tooli came home this weekend, that was the first time  she had seen it,and she complimented me on it.



15. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?  I do.  Mostly.  And I have to relate them,despite knowing how completely and utterly ridiculous they are. 



16. What flavor tea do you enjoy?   I love earl grey, but I also love Tea Pigs Breakfast Tea.   Tea Pigs is a bit luxurious, and I adore it.


17. What social media sites do you use? This one..Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, I think that is all.  You can find me as Dogwithnobrain, mostly - or Hel Cruse xx

4 comments:

  1. Tea pigs sounds like fun. Loved the answer to favorite person, and the Titanic. That ?? was right over my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you actually ingesting the cod liver oil? Just curious. Just the name of your favorite restaurant made me want to pack my bags and head for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really? cod liver oil? i have arthritis terribly and even my meds aren't helping anymore. i may have to try the oil.

    lately i've been enjoying a cup of tea in the evening... bigelow flavored teas. my favorite is pomegranate pizzazz tho i've really been enjoying the minty one too.

    went from snow, cold to rain and chilly. i don't think the midwest of the US will see spring at all! nope, right to summer and the 90 degree weather i'm sure! oh well, such is life.

    be well.

    ReplyDelete