The 20Q Meme
1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you? I make my own greetings cards. The words, which I make up myself, are as important as the pictures I put together. These are cards, like no other. If you would like me to make you a cake - please leave a message below and I will create one for you. No Charge. :-)
2. What's your favorite kind of cake? Funny you should ask that. H at work today brought in cake made by the lovely E. Chocolate Brownie, and RumGingers. I had Rum Ginger at approximately 9.45. It was impossible to eat slowly, it was dissolving in alcohol in my hand. H advised that I was supposed to eat it as a dessert, with a spoon. I just shoveled in, it all it's rum and creamy glory into my cake hole, and was instantly hit by at least 3 measures of rum. I've had to sleep for a while to recover.
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them? I knit badly. I crochet badly, I paint pictures, and make jewelry. Please don't think I am creative, my work is "my own", and loved only by people who love me :-)
4. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask? African or American?
5. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email? PopUp ads. Especially those ones which open 50 pages of porn.
6. What was the best party you've ever been to? A party we (me and my flatmates) had in 1985. We lived on the top floor of a five story tenement building. We banned drugs from the flat - sent them into the back green. At it's busiest, there were over 150 people in the flat. One of our "friends" invited the neighbours to join in, by posting them baked potatoes through their letter boxes. Girls were peeing in the toilet, boys were peeing in the bath. 15 bags of bottles were very difficult to get down the stairs without one of the neighbours coming out and berating us. Our landlord said "okay, you've had "the party", let's not have another one", which I thought was a lovely way of handling it.
7. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet? Too loud. too loud. I can't stand lots of noise.
8. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second? I keep the first envelope. I'd have something I didn't have before.
9. Do you wish cellphone etiquette was a required class upon purchasing one? Yes. Especially not shouting "I'm on the Train". It's just not funny.
10. What's the most messed up food combination that you've had that was actually good? I am a connoisseur of weird combinations. Cold Spaghetti and Salad Creme is a bit lush, however, Peanut Butter on Toast, topped with Fudge is not.
11. What's one of your most random pet peeves (something that annoys you)? People speaking to me when I am trying to finish my blip!
12. When is the last time you had home cooking? I have home cooking all the time. I am married to a chef :-) (Ex Chef). We don't do packet meals, (much).
13. If you could be a fictional character from a book who would you choose? Clare, from Outlander. Or Maybe Jamie, just to get the male perspective.
14. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose? Cheers
15. If you could be any animal or creature for one day, what would it be? Dog. Oh to be that happy, in love with life and devoted to everyone.
16. What's your favorite girl's name? Eilidh.
17. What's your favorite boy's name? Steven
18. What's your supermarket of choice? Sainbury, but Morrison for convenience.
19. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as? A nun. Covers a multitude of sins, but also leaves room for a wee bit roodness.
20. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies? Sweet/Salty Popcorn