Sunday, August 12, 2007

O M G I Can't Believe it

I had a car spin yesterday!!!

Yeah, I know, I think I maybe used that one before, but seriously it was freaky scarey!

We were driving along North Shore Road, just turning into the corner which takes us up to Kilmarnock Road flyover, and my steering locked, stuck, fast, hard to the right, the car was still travelling forward but spinning round, from the back end, spinny spinny spinny, until crunch. We hit the kerb on the other side of the road and bounced up on it, and ended up perfectly parked on the pavement on the opposite side of the road, and facing 180 degrees the opposite direction we had been travelling it.

Eilidh kept saying "what are you doing what are you doing", I was saying, "shit shit shit shit shit". Now before you say anything I was not doing any more than say 27 miles per hour, I reckon I was going slower, because the rain was heaving down, and I was keeping well away from the car in front, which was a flipping good job. I was just really grateful that the traffic coming the opposite direction was far enough to see me getting into trouble and stay short of me. The chap in the car in front stopped and came back to see me and make sure I was okay, which was brilliant - THANK YOU SO MUCH WHO EVER YOU WERE IN YOUR RED CAR. I'm VERY GRATEFUL. I was very shaken afterwards, but apart from a bit of grass stuck in the alloys there was no damage. I doubt however Eilidh will ever drive with me again!

DWNB

2 comments:

  1. Oh jessssus. Are you getting a new car?? You should get a Toyota.

    I'm going to call you Richard now. Of the Hammond variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is there no photo of the bird keeck?
    And why is there an ancient old comment here?
    V confused.

    ReplyDelete