Friday, November 09, 2007

The Friday 5

From The Friday 5 :


What’s something that’s hanging from your ceiling?


There is in fact a spider hanging from the ceiling in the hall. I'm inclined to leave it there because my husband says that Spiders are good for getting rid of flies, and I hate flies more than I hate spiders. As long as it stays in the hall I don't mind. If it was in the bedroom, it would have to be peacefully removed. When I was confined to bed when expecting my son, I had sciatica, and I lay one night and watched as a spider arrived in the ward thru an open window (bearing in mind the ceilings were about 20 feet high), and crawled across the ceiling until it came to rest right above my bed. And then.... dangled, and dangled a bit more, and then Jumped straight onto my bed. They thought I had gone into Labour I was howling so much!


What’s something that’s hanging on your wall?
I have lovely photo of Taffy a big white dog who lives in our Turkey office. He is wearing a Beneteau skippers hat. He's very very cute.



What’s something that’s hanging in your closet?
A very spectacular corset type top which I am hoping I can get into for Christmas!


What’s hanging from your rear-view mirror? (for those without cars, what’s something hanging from the rear-view mirror of a car you’ve recently ridden in?) There were a pair of furry dice, with cow hide (thanks K), but they have gone in favour of Yankee scent car freshener. Coconut Beach! Yummy.


What have you been hanging onto for too long? Everything I hang on to is precious. I wouldn't hang onto it if it wasnt. I have attic full of hanging on to stuff. Including box of letters sent back and forward to husband while he was in Navy. Love it!
DWnb

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! half a light fitting cos I am in the middle of a DIY project....this will all be revealed when I have a beautiful hall stairs and landing...so I guess I SHOULD get my backside off this chair and get on with the job in hand!

    Great to meet you, via the Chris Evans blog!

    ReplyDelete