Thursday, November 08, 2007

Im wide awake and I can see the

You know that feeling you get when you have a decision to make, and you aren't sure which way to go......Or when you know something is niggling at you and you can't resolve it?

The feeling that that generates, I call the Undertoad.

I got that word from the Book, "The World According to Garp", by John Irvine.

It is perfect description of the feeling. I can say to my husband "oaft, I've got an undertoad", and he sits me down and says "what's bothering you", and we work out together why the undertoad is sitting there, and once we've worked it out, it goes away.

I love that Book, if you get the chance you should read it. Is very thought provoking. (Well for me anyways).

We called our first cat Garp, after the book. It was such a good name for her, she could even say it, "Garrrup".

Bummer, I miss Garp. .

1 comment:

  1. I suppose that you could share your feelings with your friends on blog; Of course, it's your privacy; yet I think friends on internet would never disclose it to people around you. That's only my personal thought, FYI.

    ReplyDelete