Friday, September 26, 2008

The Tide Is High, But I'm Holding On

When did someone last break something of yours?
My heart is constantly broken thru pride. How can achievement cause your heart to burst so happily? My kids are a constant souce of happy heartbreak, they constantly overwhelm me with their achievements and I just feel like crying cause they make me so proud.

On a more tactile and solid "break" - our IT company broke my Laptop last week.




When did you last play
hackysack, if ever?
Hacky Sack a game of keeping a ball like sack off the ground between players without the use of hands. Mmmm. I believe the UK equivalent of this would be Bean Bags, or Keepy Uppy. My answer would be School then. I don't think I've touched a Hackysack/Beanbag since then. Footballs yeah, cause Steven plays and I have been caught out the back with him on occassion trying to demonstrate my keepyuppy skills, however the last time I done that would probably be about 5 years ago now. I'm not very active (i.e., lazy)




What was your most
dramatic haircut like? 2 inches on the top, above my ear level, and into the wood under. Reminiscent of Terry Hall in Fun Boy Three Phase. This wasn't a deliberate attempt to sabotage my head. i was reading magazine while hairdresser got stuck in. I looked up to see one half of my head cut right into the skin above my right ear and screamed stop. Evening it up, and colouring what was left on top was supposed to make it look "better". It looked so much "better", that as I stepped out of the hairdresser, my dad sitting in car outside, started the engine and drove away without me - proceeded to do 3 circuits of the town driving past me with such a look of incredulous disbelieve it was all I could do to laugh. Eventually he stopped and let me in, but only after checking that no one could see me getting into his car. tee hee. It only got better when my other pal decided to colour it, to try and tone it down. However as neither of us had had highlights before, the resulting red and pink mess had to be seen to be believed! It's a shame everyone was so embarassed by it that I never had any photos of it.


Hacking is basically breaking through the security that protects a computer or a website. What’s the closest you’ve come to doing something similar in real life?

If I told you, i'd probably be in BIG trouble. Computers are very easy to do bad things with, and I have done several BAD things. Nuff Said.



In the world of stand-up comedy, a hack is a comic who steals jokes from other comics. Have you ever known a hack in your own field?
Yes, frequently. I have the lovely knack of operating computers very easily. It seems to be an inbuilt ability - with little lack of need for instruction. Sadly, I'm too ready to pass off my information and secrets and toooooooo often, I've sat and watched as people have happily imparted information which, without my ability they would have been hard pressed to obtain for themselves, without so much as a nod in my direction that it was indeedy me who saved the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment