Thursday, October 25, 2007

Proud of her features, she kept herself pretty

I'm getting more and more aware of the advance of years and the effect, (and toll) it is taking on my bod and face!

The bod needs more work, and less food for sure, but the face... mmmm. Getting "lived in", but I think it is still managable.

I did the full works the other night. Face Wax, ARGHHHH - Does that not ever get any less sore; plucking.... jeesus. Who thought these up, and then a face pack. One of the Gel types which you then pull off, in a oner if you are clever.

I even went so far as to buy make up. I haven't worn make up at work for years, which I think is a good thing. It means that when I go out in the evening then the people I work beside are ecstatic at the effort I have made to look nice, even tho I have only slapped on a layer of lippy and a bit of eye liner!

I'm not gorgeous by any stretch of the imagination - I look too much like my dad - hence handsome may be more apt description - but I like to think I have a certain appeal. I laugh a lot which I think has helped the face keep it's elasticity but has resulted in laughter lines around my eyes. But I think I've always had them. But i think it's the laughing which makes me a more attractive person. Surely anyone who smiles, is more attractive and welcoming than someone who frowns all the time?

Anyhoos - I'll carry on with the night cream, and the face packs and hopefully less food and more exercise will result in a body fit for the happy face. If Tap was anything to go by I'll be burning hundreds of calories over the next couple of weeks. - more about that later.

DWNB

No comments:

Post a Comment