Wednesday, October 24, 2007

She just has to smile to blow my cares away

No 1 Daughter has got into the Hockey team for Saturday.

Yeah! I hoped she would. When she sets her mind to something she normally gets it! She only took up hockey in August. Had a couple of practises and then spent her birthday money on Hockey stick, shin pads, mouth gard, bag etc, and has been practising hard ever since hoping that she would get in.

So on Saturday, it's up at 8, to get her up to the pitch. I'm not even sure if it is home or away, but that doesn't matter, - she was just beaming last night when I went in, and that was enough to make me happy.

Maybe I'm wrong but I always seem to make my kids prepare for the worst, but then the BEST happens. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I don't think so. I just don't want to build my kids up, only for them to be kicked down by someone else. By asking them just to do as much as they are capable of, with as much enthusiasm as possible and if they do that, I'm happy. That's all I ask.

I, as their mum, of course think that everything that they do is UNBELIEVABLY wonderful, but I'm also aware that I am biased, and preparing them for disappointment in the cruel world outside my arms is part of my job I think.

How lovely it is for me then, to be proved wrong so many times, and that my belief that my kids are FANTASTIC is totally backed up by everyone else who experiences their enthusiasm and confidence.

I love being a mum.

DWNB

No comments:

Post a Comment