Friday, December 07, 2007

The Friday 5

friday 5


What playground game do you remember most fondly?
Skipping. All the rhymes we sung, and double dutch. I got my daughter two huge ropes this year. Heavens, where did my energy go? About 10 skips and I was wheezing for breath. And could we get the Double Dutch going? Could we hell as like!


What playground game did you just hate? Kiss, Cuddle or Torture. Hated running, hated being caught, hated the boys in my class who might do one, or all three to me.



Which playground apparatus did you most enjoy? The May Pole, at Coney. Was like a roundabout - but designed like a maypole, so not only did it go round like a round-about it also swung like a swing. Very dangerous. This is the only picture I could find of one like it!



Which playground apparatus did you generally avoid or not care much for? Climbing Bars. I'm so crap at upper body strength. Couldn't swing from the ladders, couldn't heave myself up. Pathetic.



What playground game might be really fun if grownups played it with adult rules? High Tig Low Tig. I've played that as a grown up. With Grown ups! In a shop! Great Fun. Clambering all over the flipping clothes stands and the counter. What a balL!

1 comment:

  1. Why arent they filled in?
    I didnt like them, and couldnt find any others I liked so....

    ReplyDelete