Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday 5 Came Back

What piece of information do you keep forgetting?
Ages. My Age....I told people for so long that I was 28, I lost track of where I really was. Now I think I'm about 38, but I know deep down I hit 44 this year! Bummer.

What regular event in your life do you keep forgetting?
I forget Bedtime. I love my bed, I truely truely do, but then I find something to do, and I stay up later than I should, and by the time I get to my bed I'm exhausted, and I remember how much I love my bed, and I think to myself, why do I forget to come to bed earlier, when I love this soo much.

How are you with remembering the names of people you meet?
I am brilliant at names. I have photographic memory and if I talk to someone for a while calling them by name I will remember them after. I passed exams at school on the basis that I was in the classroom and heard the theory, i could recall the pages of my text book, and the day a subject was discussed in class. I've met people years later (see above for how fripping old I am), and called them by name, and they have looked at me confused and bemused. That makes me sad.

What kinds of tricks to you have for remembering to do stuff that falls outside your regular routine?
I write things on a calendar or on a blackboard in the hallway. Except everyone else writes mad things on it, so I don't always see it. Right now - an address for Boy No 1 not to deliver to. An award for Tool for Excellence in Class. Boy No 1's Exam Time table - now finished. A receipt for Petrol that I need to claim points on and a wee card which says "more than". because he does.

If you keep a daily planner, what is it like? If you don’t, why not?
I have spiral book at work where I write TTD. Things To Do. I score them off when I have completed them, but sometimes I forget, and then I get confused about what I've done and what I haven't done, and I spend more time trying to remember what I have done, and whether I have done it, and I fill up the pad with doodles and achieve nothing.

1 comment: