Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home Again, Cross the Seas......

I attended a Ship Naming and Launching today. It was lovely. For the almost three years I have been here, no one has actually performed this, and it just seemed all right.

Mike&Aida were the couple who were launching and naming "Mija". I have been talking with them back and forward since February, when they were attempting to buy a Boat Aida, with the assistance of the Bank manager also called Aida - it looked like fate, but it wasn't to be!

When all attempts to purchase Aida failed. Mike&Aida were shown the New 43 we had in stock in the Marina. Happily they loved it!


This morning we headed over to the hoist bay, and Mike read a lovely dedication to the name and the safety of the boat, we all toasted her with Champagne and declared her to be the most beautiful boat EVER.



I even jumped on board (I'm not sure that there is photographic evidence of that one), and sailed with them all back over to the berth - her maiden voyage, albeit a very small one.

I was very pleased to be part of that wee ceremony, and wish Mike&Aida many years of safe and happy sailing on board Mija.

No comments:

Post a Comment