Friday, March 06, 2009

The Friday Five.... Back and Running

the friday5.org check it out... post your own and link back.

Historic References:

On March 6, 1869, Dmitri Mendeleev presented the first Periodic Table of the Elements to the Russian Chemical Society. What memories do you have of your high-school chemistry course?
Didn't do Chemistry. It wasn't a requirement when I was young, strangely enough. I ended Sciences, after 2nd Year, and that was more than enough for me. My memories of General Science, - refusing to cut a Bull's Eye up, two boys being strapped for "sword fighting" with a thermometer, and after "Section 6", one of the boys turning to me and saying "so Hel, Have you started menstruating?"


On March 6, 1899, the Bayer company registered aspirin as a trademark. When did you last take medication for pain?
Monday, Tuesday... tuesday I believe. I had migraine on Monday - really bad, took a lot of medication that day. Very very strong. Because I had taken so much on Monday, I had to take some on Tuesday..... Kind of withdrawal I think.



On March 6, 1853, Giuseppe Verdi’s opera La Traviata premiered in Venice. How do you feel about opera?
I would love to go see an opera, I've done Ballet, but not opera. I think I will make a resolution to go see some this year. I love the melodiees and the soaring parts where the music climbs and climbs. Music makes me feel quite quite magical.


On March 6, 1947, American film director Rob Reiner (Meathead!) was born. Which of these Reiner-directed films have you seen, and what do you think of them?
  • The Bucket List (2007) - Not Seen.
  • Rumor Has It… (2005) - Not Seen
  • Alex & Emma (2003) - Not Seen
  • The Story of Us (1999) - Not Seen
  • Ghosts of Mississippi (1996) Not Seen
  • The American President (1995) not Seen
  • North (1994) Not Seen
  • A Few Good Men (1992) I seen it I seen It. erm. Tom Cruise, Angry Man, Jack Nicholson, being scarey. Demi Moore, being unrealistic.
  • Misery (1990) - I LOVE this one. Cathy Bates is a Hero in It!
  • When Harry Met Sally… (1989) Seen this one. Love It.
  • The Princess Bride (1987) - Seen this one. Yeah, I have. Val Kilmer, looking A load more attractive than now, His ex-wife, who is from Yorkshire?? and the nice guy from Dead Like me.
  • Stand by Me (1986) - Also love this one. Jerry from Sliders..... River Phoenix... deary me.
  • The Sure Thing (1985) Nope
  • This Is Spinal Tap (1984) Caught bits of this. I don't get it. - I do get it, in the sense of what it is, I just don't get it.
On March 6, 1972, American basketball-player Shaquille O’Neal was born. How do you feel about basketball?
I feel nothing about basketball. Is that Harlem Globetrotters? I used to watch the cartoon when I was little, and used to pretend I could spin the ball on my fingers. I could NEVER ever work out what their names were. Metalogue? Was that One of them?


No comments:

Post a Comment