Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Five

Friday Five

When were you the coldest you’ve ever been?
When I got up in 1984, at 4 Oclock in the morning to queue for Simple Minds tickets, outside the PLayhouse in Edinburgh. We got there at 5, and queued til the doors open at 10. It was March, and it was freezing. Some buggar was selling watered down soup. Got my tickets and then went to my mate Alan's shop in Cockburn street to thaw out.

When were you the hottest you’ve ever been?
In Miami, 1986, looking for Amex office to report my bag stolen. Walked about 5 blocks in extreme heat and found a coke machine, just like the US films, got a ice cold Coke in a Bottle and drunk it like it was manna from heaven.

When were you the tiredest you’ve ever been?
About 8 weeks into working in Shenanigans in Glasgow when we had just opened. I did Office - banking and Cash -so I was there to open and answer phone, and there to cash in at night. I was leaving at 2, and getting back up at 6 to get up for 7.30. (I stayed an hour away by car). After 4 weeks of 7 days, I fell asleep doing wages. I went home and slept for 2 days solid.

When were you the most stressed you’ve ever been?
1988 when I crawled inside a continental quilt cover and got into my cupboard and cried for 2 hours, before facing the doctor and not having the strength to laugh when they said "are you pregnant?" Then spent the next few weeks crying at both episode of neighbours, hoping the tea time repeat would improve on the lunch time one. And Going out with Si with my head up his jumper, thinking people would be less likely to notice me. (That wasn't really stress was it? Just completely cracked?)

When were you the dirtiest you’ve ever been?
I can't actually remember a time when I was That Dirty. I'm not the tidiest person ever, but I tend not to get REALLY dirty. Just untidy. Sorry. - Oh I just remembered wet? Does wet count. One new year, we went to beach to look at storm and stood in it while the waves crashed over us. I was soaking. We just took clothes off beside washing machine and dripped.

No comments:

Post a Comment