Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's a beautiful Day, Way Hay.......

The levellers are very noisy people but enjoy their music.

I do enjoy life, and songs add something to it. a good song can change your whole outlook on the day.

When I was at college, six of us in the flat used to listen to Go West, We Close Our Eyes before we headed out to do a day's work. ha ha ha ha ha, that is like, work in student's term. Breakfast in the Union, a couple of lectures, hit the pub, and then home. But we needed fired up to get ourselves going.

I need certain songs in the car. St Elmo's Fire was the first song I listened to when I was driving the car for the Very First Time. Straight after I passed my driving test. Amazing. I still am taken back to 1986 when I hear that, and I tighten my grip on the steering wheel a wee bit.

I won £10 off Si on one of our first dates because of Bruce Hornsby so that always makes me laugh. My mum said I was bad for taking his money off him - but hey, was a poor student at the time!

Here's a weird one tho... When I was pregnant with Stevie, Bryan Adams, with Everything I do, was number one, for the majority of my pregnancy. I still feel sick when I hear that, and I don't think it has got anything to do with the song. But when I was pregnant with Eilidh.... Love is All Around, Wet Wet Wet..... for another long term sit at the top of the charts. I fall asleep to that one. Both pregnancies, both long term number ones. Bit of a coincidence eh?

mmm Bop - hansen. Lovely Holiday in France in a caravan with the kids. Brilliant.

jermain stewart - we don't have to..... holiday in Miami. Open top cars driving past with that blaring out of it.

But then there are sad memores too. When my dad died, I was listening to U2, Wire. I switched it off as soon as I walked into my room, because I didn't want a song to take me back to that place, but it was too late. Ingrained in my mind for ever. The chords strike up, and I'm back there in my flat in Edinburgh, distraught.

DWNB

No comments:

Post a Comment