Friday, September 07, 2007

Push it Push it .....

16 years ago, I was wandering around the Queen Mother's Maternity Ward waiting for the arrival of Son No 1.

I had had the "gel" applied the night before, at midnight. It sounded like a gentle experience, but it wasn't. I knew it wasn't the minute the nurse lay over the top of me and held my shoulders. I glanced at what I thought was a plumbing instrument, and realised then, that the gel was in fact inside a capsul, and the capsul was going to be applied to my cervix internally with the plumbing instrument. Jeeeeesus. Could it have been any more painful?

yes, and it was, the next morning when they did it again.

ha ha ha ha.

I remember phoning mum at 11.15 am telling her, "if this is labour, it's a dawdle". I sat and watched, like the one from friends, as expectant mother came in dropped their sprogs, and I sat with the new borns as they went and showered.

At 3.30, Si got bored and went for something to eat, and then ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.

DWNB

No comments:

Post a Comment