Sunday, September 30, 2007

You better not stop them 'cause they're coming through

Neither Justified, nor ancient. I had a very bad hangover this morning. I can't even remember coming to my bed. I had one small bottle of Cider, Sweet, Organic, and very lovely, and 2/3 of a bottle of port. I think that is what did it!

I woke up and thought, I'm going to pass out, so I stumbled downstairs grabbed a couple of painkillers and crawled back to bed. I lay and groaned for a while, until I got Si up and downstairs to get me a cup of tea. Oh Thank God for that cup of tea. However just after drinking tea, the painkillers kicked in and I almost threw up. I had to snuggle back down and drift off for a while.

When I re-awoke, I felt brilliant. Si made me boiled eggs and soldiers and another cuppa. I was able to bounce out of bed and showered and got ready to do my weekly shop.

This feeling was not to last long. About 3/4 of the way round Tesco, I started to wilt, badly. A couple of times I had to stand in the freezer aisle for the chill factor. I managed to complete the shop and get out to the car.

Next on the stop was Morrison. (I buy fresh fruit from there not Tesco - too many people holding it in Tesco). I stumbled round there, and stumbled out to the car. I did consider car wash and tyres, but realised that I was collapsing under the strain of being upright. So i started back to the house.

Unfortunately I didn't make it back to the house before I vomited. I didn't make it to the next available parking space. I did, however, grab a carried bag, for there were many, and hold it to my face in the hope it would catch it all. Projectile vomiting does not take kindly to obstruction and it bounced back all over my face. That in itself was enough to spark the next retch. Jeesus, did I retch. It covered the handbrake, gearstick, the left hand side of my entire wardrobe for the day. It took all my willpower not to start crying.

As I pulled into the drive, I shouted to Si to STAND BACK. He took one look at me, and tried to look sympathetic, but laughter took over. He hadn't realised I was "that bad". To be honest, neither had I!

I firmly believe that it was actually food poisoning.

My car despite my best efforts still smells of sick.

I am a disgusting heap.

Truely.


DWNB

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:45 pm

    Oh man that is baaaad. I just ate toast & beans for dinner. Wishing I hadnt checked out your blog so soon after.

    ReplyDelete