Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean



So, the secrets of the Fountain Of Youth.... .




Thanks to CLP over on another blog, I have discovered the Secret of Rejuvenation..


I practise and perfect these five exercises performing them each day, until I can do 21 of each of them. It should take me no longer than 15 minutes total, once I have achieved the 21 repetitions. Apparently once I have incorporated this into my daily routine, I will look 10 years younger, be more energetic, happier and lighter!


I started this morning.


Exercise 1. Whirling Dervish. You stand arms outstretched, as picture, and spin round on the spot, letting your vision blur. Do this for 21 rotations, or like me, until after 5 you fall over. Decide that you are doing something wrong. Try again crossing your eyes to enhance the blurring effect, spin 5 times, collapse to your knees, and wretch. Jees. This is GOOD!


Exercise 2. Stand Straight. Put your hands on the back of your thighs. I have a problem here. My arse is so large, i have to rest my hands on my butt. Put your chin on your chest, then slowly bring it back until you can look at the ceiling. Your hands on your thighs/ butt should support you. Ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah, I looked really cool doing this one. My husband was mightily impressed!


Exercise 3. Lie on the floor, on your back. Lift your head off the floor, and slowly raise your legs into the air, Straight, until your feet are almost about your head. Lower. This one was okay - I could actually do it. Without Farting as well.


Exercise 4. Ha ha ha ha ha. Sit. flat on the floor with arms on the ground by your side. Lift your bottom off the floor using your arms as support. Keep lifting until you look like a table. Arms one set of legs, Legs, to knees the other. Table Top being your body from shoulders to Knees. Ha ha ha ha Obviously I'm going to have to work on this one. My bum didn't know how to get off the floor, without strenuous noises and bending of knees which isn't supposed to happen until you are upright.
Exercise 5. Lay flat on the floor, hands, palm down, at shoulder height. Push yourself up off the floor by the shoulders til your head is in the air and your bum is still down. For those of you in the know... this is the Cobra in Yoga. Then, in one swift, flowing movement, reverse this stance to one of the downward facing dog. which means, lifting your butt high off the floor, and moving your head to look downwards, and inwards, towards your feet. This is qute a nice movement actually, but prone to making farty noises if you push too hard.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment