Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tragedies,luxuries,statues,parks and galleries

Oh Wow...... is So Cool.....

I'm walking along the banks of Loch Lomond to raise money for Clic Sargent.

They are a cancer charity for Children. My sister works at Malcom Sargent House in Prestwick. This offers respite care for Children with Cancer and their families.

Mum did this walk last year She is 67.... and I offered to do it with her this year. Heavens - 67 sounds quite old doesn't it, but you wouldnt' think so to look at her. She probably looks younger than me! Neither of us are particularly fit, but when you see what this House and Charity do for these sick kids and their family, it'll be worth it.

Anyways - I made up a web page http://justgiving.com/babs_helen for my sponsor ship... and I'm overcome with emultion at the number of people who have donated to this cause. What makes it all the nicer is that the money has gone straight to the charity NOW, so it starts working straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment